Post-Halloween Wrap Up

Thursday, November 1, 2012

We didn't go to any parties or anything last night, but at the last minute, I decided I might be able to pull off a Lady Gaga costume to greet trick-or-treaters at the door. I have a cool lilac wig, big sunglasses and red lipstick. If that isn't the beginning of a Lady Gaga outfit, I don't know what is.

I told Cathy I wished I had a meat dress. I did have a skirt steak, so all I really needed was a shirt.

Heh.

Man, I should have taken pictures of the outfits I tried on with my wig, glasses and lipstick- every imaginable combination from a cocktail dress and high heels, to an all-black ensemble, to a throw-in-the-towel (OH! just a towel- that would have been awesome) pajamas with big fuzzy slippers and a cigarette hanging out of my mouth (for the "Gaga at home" look).

Nothing wowed me though, so I answered the door as me... with red lipstick, because I only own that color in the 24-hour long-wearing version.

Only 100 kids showed up, instead of the normal 150. Did someone set up traffic cones at the entrance to the street or something? And what am I left with? A bag and a half of Airheads. I had never tried one before, but I got curious when the kids were so excited to get them.

They are nasty. Just. Eww.

How am I supposed to pawn those off on the guys at Jeff's office?

I had two favorite trick-or-treaters this year:

1) a toddler who tried to come into my house when I opened the door. It reminded me of Lauren's first Halloween with her friend Niki. Those two tiny girlies tried to go into every house, too. When you knock and someone opens the door, you walk in. I get it!
2) a two-year-old boy dressed as a pumpkin who, instead of saying "trick or treat" when I opened the door, said "CANDYYYYYY!!!" (to the horror of his embarrassed tween brother- priceless)

Related side note-- Lauren and I watched American Horror Story late last night. This week's episode was scary as all get-out! Holy crapcakes. I was actually screaming at one point.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP