The Conjuring 'n Stuff

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Lauren and I were talking about Sprint's new Drive First service. If your phone is in motion, like in the car, it automatically holds calls and texts. ($2 per month. Only works on Android. Other restrictions and fine print probably apply. Contact your Sprint Store for more details.) It can also be set to send auto-reply texts, which I think is the best part. You're neither tempted to pick up the phone to look at a text nor to send a quick text that you're on the road.

Me: I wonder if, for certain people, you could set it to always auto-reply that you're driving.
Lauren: Ha! Yeah... 'Lauren, why are you always driving?'
Me: 'I just love wide open spaces... the open road...'
Lauren: Life is a highway, baby. Life is a highway.

Ahahaaaaaaaaa! Life is a highway. Oh man.

She and I saw The Conjuring last night. People have gone on and on about how scary it is. Someone went into a seizure at a theater where one of Lauren's friends saw it. We thought it was going to be the scariest film we've ever seen.

It's good, but it's not the scariest movie ever, by a long shot. The Ring and The Grudge were far more terrifying to me. (The Exorcist used to be my be all and end all of the horror realm, but if you watch it now, you'll think it's totally cheesy.) Lauren, the horror film aficionado, says Sinister is the scariest movie she's ever seen.

The audience last night was great, though. That makes a huge difference in how you see some films. During the previews, before the movie even started, a trailer for "We're the Millers" was shown. When the son starts rapping in the RV, which we've all seen a hundred times now, several people randomly burst into laughter and then the whole theater ended up laughing all the way into the next trailer. During the feature, virtually the entire packed theater screamed and jumped out of our seats a few times, and then everyone laughed. It was pretty funny.


Saturday 9: So Much to Say

(Hear the song here.)

1) The lyrics refer to a baby's "one year of crying." When was the last time you cried ... felt weepy ... or at least teared up?
I think it was Monday at work. I've had an absolutely sh*tty couple of weeks there. There were a few days that I was literally walking around on the verge of tears most of the day.

2) Let's lighten it up a little. When was the last time you laughed really hard?

Hmm. I don't remember any time I've really laughed hard since the "bear taint" scene on Zimmern's show.

3) Do you have "so much to say" that hasn't been said yet? Tell us if you owe someone a phone call, note, email or text.
I owe Kimberly an email. I need to give my grandpa a call.

4) Earlier this summer, Dave took a bike ride before a show and his tire blew out. He didn't have a cell phone with him and was afraid of missing that night's performance. Fortunately two fans -- driving to see Dave Matthews Band in concert -- recognized him by the side of the road and gave him a ride to the show. Share a recent act of kindness you either did, or received.
I helped a visitor to our business complex find his car in the garage. At first I thought he was just chatting me up, but... yeah he had no idea where his vehicle was.

5) Before he hit it big, Dave Matthews was a bartender. What job did you have right before the one you have now?
part-time middle school library clerk

6) The Dave Matthews Band recorded an album live at the Red Rocks Amphitheater, in the mountains near Denver. Is there a trip to the mountains in your future?

Sadly, no.

7) Do you suffer from hay fever or allergies?
I do! In Austin, it's inevitable. I usually say it's totally worth it to live here, but lately I've been rethinking that. ;)

8) What's in your pocket right now?
I'm in a nightgown, but the last thing I had in my pocket last night was an HEB receipt

9) American Express promotes "Small Business Saturday," and encourages us to shop at local, independent retailers. Is there a shop, boutique or restaurant in your town that you're particularly fond of?
Habana SoCo, Kerbey Lane, Salt Lick

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP