To Breakfast or Not to Breakfast...?

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Congrats to Crystal, who is doing her first spin class today after training for weeks to be a teacher! Woohoo!! Wish I could be there!

So last night, I had a Mudslide, followed shortly after by crab rangoons and sesame chicken. Throughout the sesame chicken portion of the evening, I felt worse and worse, on sort of an exponential curve. By the end of dinner, I couldn't drive myself home, because I thought I might have to hurl at some point on the trip. (Laura is now very glad she didn't meet us.)

On the way home, I was basically holding it back. (You're welcome, Jeff!) I wasn't sure if the Mudslide was bad or it was an unwise combination of food/drink or what, but OMG was I sick.

Felt better after that though!

Now it's time for breakfast, and I'm starving, but scared to death to eat anything. *shudder* So I'm going to do the Saturday 9 instead...

Saturday 9: Endless Summer

1) The best-selling Beach Boys album of all time is this two disc greatest hits compilation. Do you have favorite Beach Boys song?

Mom had this album, back in the day. My favorite BB song is "Barbara Ann." I had a good friend named Barbara Ann and we all used to sing it as her theme song... to her mild annoyance after a while. My friends and I also used to do a silly jitterbug/freeze dance to it.  So fun!

2) The original members of the group were the Wilson brothers, their cousin Mike and a friend from the neighborhood. Have you ever worked with a family member?
Nope. I worked with one of my best friends- Kimberly- at Gallagher's though!

3) Originally released in the mid-1970s, Endless Summer was one of the first fast-selling albums sold on TV. Have you ever picked up the phone and purchased anything directly from TV?

Nope.

4) The Beach Boys are very popular in Australia. Have you ever been Down Under?

No- one of my bucket list items though.

5) Actor John Stamos played bongos on the Beach Boys' hit, "Kokomo." In his younger days, Stamos was Blackie on the daytime drama, General Hospital. Have you ever followed a soap opera?

I saw John as Blackie on GH. I watched All My Children and General Hospital for years, starting in high school summers. I dropped GH when they started doing ridiculous plotlines like alien landings. Stayed with AMC, watching once every several months to catch up, for another several years. I watched Josh Duhamel (Leo), Kelly Ripa (Hayley) & Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kendall) on there before they became über famous.

6) Many Beach Boys songs revolve around the surf. How are you on a surf board?

I've never been on one.

7) Would you prefer summer to be endless? Or do you enjoy the changing seasons?

Changing seasons, please.

8) Do your summer 2013 plans include a trip to a waterpark?

No.

9) Describe your swimsuit.

I have a new one. It's a black one-piece with a hot pink, ruffly part that crosses the front, from the full length on the left side, in a triangle-ish shape that ties at the waist on the right.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  July 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM  

Yuck! Sorry I did not join the hurl-fest. No way it was the Mudslide. The alcohol should kill anything yuck in there.

Feel better - and we NEED to chat. :)

Kathy July 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM  

Yes we DO. I'll call you when i get home and we can drive out to your place. If there are enough gas stations to get us there. Heh.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP