Saturday 9 on Sunday

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Had dinner with Jim and Carla at Iron Cactus up north last night. (I've never seen that place so empty. Strange!) Carla told us all about her exciting trip to Europe earlier this summer. Her BFF's son graduated from the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (Paul McCartney's school) so she and her friend made the trip for his grad. Paul spoke at graduation and even took the time to shake all the graduates' hands. The girls also took a 14-day European cruise while they were there. Nice!


Saturday 9: Easy Lover

1) This song is about a heartbreaker who just can't commit. Have you ever fallen for an "easy lover?"
No, I was never attracted to that type of guy.

2) This song is one of Crazy Sam's "earwigs." Each time she hears it, it bores in and stays in her head forever! (Hear it here, if you dare!) Do you have a song like that?
Wait. Isn't it "earWORM?" The last song I listened to always gets stuck in my head until I hear the next one.

3) Both Phil Collins and Philip Bailey have stars on The Hollywood Walk of Fame. Have you ever visited Hollywood? 
I have not! I would love to.

4) Hollywood is the movie capital of the world. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?
The Conjuring

5) Phil Collins was a child actor in his native England, appearing onstage in musicals like Oliver! Can you think of another child performer who went on to entertainment industry success as an adult?
Justin Timberlake

6) Philip Bailey joined Earth, Wind & Fire while still in college, so he's been a performer throughout his working life, as well. Have you ever been tempted to try your hand at show biz?
I always toyed around with the idea of being a backup singer, but I never got serious about it. I was the lead singer in a band in high school for a New York minute. That's about as close to "pursuing a career in show biz" as I got.

7) Is there a profession that you never, under any circumstances, want to try?
paratrooper

8) What are you looking forward to right now?
Aggie football opener against Rice next Saturday!

9) Do you suffer from trypanophobia (fear of needles/injections)? Or can you bravely donate blood or get a shot, without freaking out? 
I was just telling Crystal this story. I used to be extremely afraid of needles, to the point that they had to hold me down to give me my MMR booster when I was thirteen. When I was 21 I was diagnosed with cancer and got over my needle fear really quick. Since then, I can take any sort of injection, blood draw or IV they wanna give me. Incidentally, Crystal has a fear of needles so bad that she gets nauseated just seeing a syringe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP