The Tree is Up!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Putting up Christmas decorations is not my idea of a good time because it just seems to take forever and all I can think about is how long it'll take to put them away on the 1st. But I do like hanging our family ornaments on the tree and remembering all the events that go with them. Jeff and I don't have "our" ornament for this year yet. Lauren's for 2009 is this new driver's license. Cute! Ours should be a design board with our bathroom material samples on it. Laura, could you whip that up for me?

I grudgingly went with Lauren to see The Fourth Kind yesterday, but it was actually pretty good. I really dig the fake documentary concept. The creative and realistic way they put it together made you fall into the story, like you were watching it on Discovery Channel.

Saturday 9: Leaving on a Jet Plane

1. When was the last time you jetted away for the holidays?
We always spend holidays with family in Texas, so I have to go all the way back to my sophomore year of high school, when I flew to London to stay with my dad over Christmas.

2. What is your fondest birthday memory?
The boys holding me down and spanking me at my 17th bday party. They wouldn't be surprised to hear that, although I did manage to put up a fight.

3. What names do you go by?
Kathy and Katherine

4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
Lauren and I are going to do the Daughtry VIP experience at the concert in December. Sound check, a photo with the band, early entry to the concert, etc.

5. Where is your least favorite place to be, and why?
I-35 through downtown Austin. Dangerous stretch of road with lots of big trucks, very short entrance ramps and crazy drivers.

6. Have you ever had a scary stalker type?
There was that one at A&M from the dance club, who followed me around town afterward in his car. He was the guy who lived in Scotty's dorm, who I happened to see the next morning there. Creeper!

7. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
 Looking at Christmas lights.

8. What are two activities you do after eating Thanksgiving Dinner?
Chat and play video games.

9. What did your family do for Thanksgiving when you were a kid? Do you still do it? If not explain why. 
We went to College Station to my mom's parents' house every year. Huge lunch, then the guys watched football. We spent the whole weekend there with my cousins and three uncles and two aunts. Around the time I got married, my grandparents moved to Dallas and everyone stopped going to their place. Jeff and I started alternating between our parents' houses in Houston and Dallas. When Lauren was little, we decided to always stay in Austin for Thanksgiving because we saw both sets of parents over Christmas and New Year's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP