Oh Meme Oh My

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Jeff and I drove out to Stone House Vineyards yesterday evening. Gorgeous hill country drive. On the way we looked at houses for sale in the $1-3 million range on Lake Travis. You know, just in case one struck our fancy. We also saw the "Johnny Carino's house" which is for sale for $16 million. Enormous corner cul-de-sac lot on the lake. People we've talked to aren't sure if it belongs to Chef Carino himself or one of the owners of the chain. It's big!

Something I have to say this morning... There are a few people very close to me in my circle of friends and family who have taken to continuously badgering me about things I'm excited about. Not light-hearted teasing, which my friends/family and I often do. We're talking stone cold condemnation. It started back with scrapbooking many years ago. "Are you taking pictures AGAIN?" Then this... then that... whatever I'm into at the time. And now it's Facebook. God help me if I mention it around any of these particular people, who think it's the biggest time waster on the planet. If I ask you to join or participate, feel free to share your (strangely intense) exasperation at the fact that millions of people really enjoy it. However, if you just see me using it or hear me talking about it or the idea of it merely pops into your head when I'm around, keep your pissy comments to yourself. As with all the other cool things these same culprits have jumped all over me about, I ask- why the anger? Relax. No one makes you join or participate in the activities I'm into. Matter-of-fact, I'd just rather you didn't.

Meme time!

1. When is your birthday?
April 2

2. Where were you born?
Heidelberg Germany

3. Where do you live now?
Austin, TX

4. What is your heritage?
Almost 100% German with a wee bit o' Irish

5. What’s your biggest secret?
Nice try.

6. What's a goal that you'd like to achieve?
I'd love to save Earth from a wayward asteroid.

7. What was your first thought this morning?
What day is it? I always get confused on these long weekends.

8. When do you usually go to bed?
I like to be in bed around 10:30 during the week, but I don't go to sleep until 11 or 11:30, sometimes later.

9. Do you smoke? If not, did you ever?
I don't smoke and have never been a "smoker." I have taken a few drags from one cigarette, one clove cigarette and one atrocious cigar over the years, just to try them when friends around me were smoking them. All gross.

10. Do you like your current relationship status?
Most definitely.

11. Do you (or did you) get along with your parents?
I've always gotten along exceptionally well with my parents.

12. Ever had a near death experience?
I had a mysterious arterial blockage in my lung several years ago. I passed out and went into shock. I didn't have any visions of Grandma beckoning me into the light or anything, so I guess I wasn't that close.

13. If given the choice, how would you like to die?
Of natural causes, in my sleep. Is there another answer?

14. What did you want to be when you grew up?
mostly a doctor

15. Have you ever been dumped?
Oh yeah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP