Friday

Friday, August 24, 2012

I'm really missing my mom these days, with all these big life changes going on. I thought of her this morning when I was editing this post.

In the first weeks after her stroke, when Mom would start to say something and it wasn't at all what she meant to say, she would laugh and say, "Erase... erase... erase," and then start over. We all continued to say it for years afterward, with a smile and a nod to how remarkable her complete mental recovery was.

I've had a long political entry written up here in draft form for several days. I kept putting off publishing it, because it just sounded very pessimistic, which isn't my nature. So I deleted all of it.

Erase... erase... erase. :)

I'll just report that Jeff and I tried to figure out the answer to partisan lemmingism and endless governmental bickering the other day and... well, we couldn't.


We examined all sorts of options, from having more political parties to eliminating the concept of parties altogether. All things considered, I think the only hope is that eventually someone as President (obviously not in the next four years with the candidates we have to choose from) or in Congress can be a uniting force to motivate and bring lawmakers together to make logical and reasonable compromises on both sides, so something is accomplished. Now THAT would be an opportunity to leave a legacy for one's family and one's country. I am keeping my eyes open for that person.


Patrick's Saturday Six

1. Which do you have more of: scars or birthmarks?
scars

2. Other than inside your own home or workplace, where are you likely to use mobile technology to check your email?
in a parking lot, either having just arrived somewhere early or about to leave somewhere

3. What percentage of appliances and electronics could you find the receipt for quickly if something went wrong and you needed to prove a date of purchase?
30%. We don't keep receipts long term for small appliances, which we would probably just replace if they broke. We have all receipts for large appliances and more expensive electronics. I do have all the manuals for everything we buy though. :)

4. When taking a flight, do you prefer a window seat, an aisle seat or a seat in the middle?
aisle

5. How do you order your eggs at a restaurant?
The only eggs I order at restaurants are Eggs Benedict. So... poached.

6. What kind of animal (include the breed if possible) was your first pet?
an orange tabby cat named Mickey I got as a kitten when I was 8

Mickey's favorite hangout- my bathroom sink

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP