Practical Romance

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Congratulations Mexico!!!! Gold medal in Olympics soccer! Way to GOLD! (Aww, man. The days of my Olympic puns are coming to a close tonight.) It was a very exciting game.

Fun at Scott-n-Julie's last night! Scott made freaking amazing carne asada. We had a discussion of the highly practical nature of both our marriage proposals and the girls picking out our own rings. Julie is the practical one in their world, and Jeff is the practical one in mine. Well, Scott and I are practical, too, just more romantic than pragmatic.

Scott and Julie had been talking about getting married, and thought about getting engaged in France, while they were visiting. Julie was picking out an engagement ring there, and she got worried about there being a problem with it and not being able to return to the shop for repairs or a replacement. (Scott was rolling his eyes in the background as that point.) So they didn't get engaged there.

Jeff and I talked for a while about getting married as well. It was graduation, and the typical "get married or break up" end-of-school choice many couples have to make. There were weeks of discussion, and a well-expected proposal, followed by our going to the jewelry store so I could pick out a ring. Jeff said he "didn't want to spend a lot of money on something Kathy didn't like." Just so you know, guys, we would love any engagement ring you choose. Seriously. Just get one.

20-something years later, both couples are hanging out, having wine and reminiscing over their engagements, happily married with some great kids. So I suppose a practical approach to marriage can get you to the same place as an impetuous approach. (I'm telling you though... Just get the ring, boys.)


Sunday Stealing: The Authentic Meme

1. How long have you been blogging?
Since April 11, 2003

2. Did you go to college?
Texas A&M University

3. Where have you traveled?
Vegas, Phoenix, NYC, Charleston, Kansas, Wisconsin, Texas, San Diego, Tijuana, San Juan, San Francisco, Wyoming, Yellowstone, Cancun, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Orlando, Miami, Tampa, Halifax, Toronto, Binghamton, Niagara Falls, Hawaii (big island), Oahu, Boston, Bar Harbor, Colorado, Grand Canyon, Nashville, Alabama, New Orleans, Little Rock, Tulsa, Texas, Kansas, Missouri, Germany, England

4. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
If I were twenty years younger-- Ellie Kemper

5. What are your three biggest pet peeves?
dangerous/stupid drivers, people parking their cart in the middle of the grocery store aisle, when my Time Warner POS DVR doesn't record a show

6. What is your favorite movie?
Love Actually

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
tea

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have "me" time?
play video games

9. What is your biggest phobia?
I never like to be in a space where I can't get out without someone having to let me out, like being on the inside of a booth at a restaurant, or the middle or window seat on a plane, or the back seat of a two-door car. I have no idea what that is. Perhaps a type of claustrophobia.

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past.
The very first time I met my in-laws, we were having dinner at their house. I had just put a whole grape in my mouth and Liz asked me a question. When I started talking, the grape popped out and rolled across the table.

11. What day would you love to relive again? Why?
My wedding day. I'd like to go through it again without all that adrenaline pumping, so I could really pay very close attention to every minute. I was so incredibly excited about marrying Jeff and mindful of  the details of the ceremony and reception, that much of it was a blur.

12. If your life was turned into a movie… what actor would your best friend think should play you?
She would say Charlize Theron, because she's nice like that.

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
telephone solicitor, restaurant hostess, shoe store sales clerk, babysitter

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.

My infamous deer in the windshield. That's Bob and I in the background.

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
I would travel all of Italy.

16. Where do you see your life 6 and 1/2 years from now?
Maybe we'll be ready to move to another house then. I'll be working and well into the career thing.

17. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be and why?
32. Old enough to really know myself and how to get what I want in life, and young enough to do anything without any age-related limitations.

18. What 5 songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? (You can pick "Middle School", "High School", "College", "Post College" or any format you like.)
I'll go Post-College Soundtrack...

1)  "Don't Know Much" Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville, our first dance at our wedding reception


2)"Isn't She Lovely" Stevie Wonder, Lauren was born


3) "I Want You Back (Blues Version)" NSYNC, fansite years


4) "All Star" Smash Mouth, Lauren's all-star cheer years


5) "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield, big life changes ahead!


19. Romney picked Paul Ryan to run as his veep. Any thoughts?
Who?

20. Your chance: Pick a meme you've done for us to steal. Bud and Judd will visit EVERY post today. Feel free to say, "Bugger off", or anything like that.
Wedding Meme

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP