USA USA USA

Friday, August 10, 2012

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!! Way to play, USA!!!!!! What a great women's soccer match against Japan. The respect between the players of both teams was very obvious. Japan played so well. It was really fun to watch.

I took a break from Olympics viewing last night, as I'm not a huge fan of the track and field events. It was funny to see Chef Symon's FB status: "is without a trace good?...need a olympics break." Glad to know I wasn't the only one.

Lauren bought a few photo collage frames for her room at school. She and I spent a few hours scanning and printing photos, old ones from albums and newer ones from digital copies. So fun!

I haven't printed many photos from my Canon iP4700 printer in the past, but I am now aware that it doesn't print accurate colors. Grr! Many people report a magenta cast. These have an orange cast. And nothing I do in Paint Shop Pro or in my printer settings helps. The contrast is way off as well.

It reminded me of the time I spent hours blindly correcting colors for a magazine ad I did for the Foundation. That was a whole lesson in color science I wish I never needed. The ad was perfect in the end, at a cost of tons of time and frustration for me. We started hiring out our print items after that. Our new graphics designer told me I need a Mac to do that stuff. Via certain publishing programs, the Mac can display CMYK colors on the screen, which is RGB... Oy, now I'm going all "Bill Nye," and dragging you all along with me. Let's Friday Five instead!


Friday Five: Movie Questions

This week, please answer these questions that are also titles of films I’ve seen. Some of them may not make any sense, but do the best you can!

1. Shall We Dance?
Yes, please! Anytime.

2. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
My brother lives in Gummersbach, Germany, near Cologne. And now I've got Clooney on the brain. Thanksalot.

3. What’s Up, Doc?
Not much. I can't work on the website today because the CMS is being updated. Lauren and I have about nine more photos to find and print. It's like a treasure hunt... "Remember this one where you're wearing this and so-and-so is in the background?... Yes! Which album is that in... It's around 1998..." We'll probably go out to lunch. I may get a haircut. I would love to take my hair just above my shoulders, and let it be curly, but I've done that in the past with dreadful results, so... probably not.

4. What’s Your Number?
3. There are a lot of wonderful threes in my life, so I consider it to be my favorite number, lucky number, etc.

5. Casual Sex?
No thanks. I have friends who do it, and that's totally cool for them. I just couldn't do it myself. If I didn't have an emotional connection with the person, I think I would feel very disconnected and lonely afterwards. But you do your thing, "One-Night-Stand" Lochte! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP