Just Friday

Friday, August 31, 2012

I'm so saddened to hear of ABC's Robin Roberts' mother's death last night. Robin is about to go through a bone marrow transplant, and had to leave GMA a day early yesterday to go home to see her sick mom. She has dealt with her cancers and now this with incredible grace and strength, coming to work every morning with a beautiful smile on her face and a positivity that is unshakable. She's an inspiration for cancer patients and a role model for all of us. Millions of us are thinking of her as she begins her transplant process next week.

~

Well, the RNC is over and I managed to successfully avoid almost every second of coverage. I did see an Entertainment Tonight interview with the five Romney sons. The interviewer said she knew that Ann Romney's favorite TV show is Modern Family. She told them the co-creator of the show said he would offer her a cameo role as the officiant at Cam and Mitchell's wedding, should it become legal. She asked what they thought of that.

It totally went over their heads. They all laughed. One said Mom would love it, that she just loves that show. Another said she would like to, but she's incredibly busy with the campaign, so maybe later.

Mmmkay. Perhaps the interviewer should have been a little less perky and smiley when she asked the question, and a little more "...BAZINGA!"

~

I looked myself up on Spokeo and found a couple of interesting things. One- I was difficult to find. That's good! I had to put in my city, and still I was pretty far down the list. Two- There was this:

Um... wait. My family economic health is on the low side?! It took me a minute to notice the word "sample" in the diagram. Whew! Nothing like a creepy stalker site informing you and the free world that you're broke.

See, now you're all wondering why I was on Spokeo in the first place. It came up on my Google search yesterday to see if Olga and Gloria Campos were related. Really!

(Cathy, you really should take care of that overdue library book from 1998. Just saying.)

Happy three-day weekend, all! Hug your mamas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP