BMX Rocks

Saturday, August 11, 2012

I found a new sport for me. BMX! The US team's extensive injuries notwithstanding, it looks superfun! Arielle Martin is still in the hospital after suffering a lacerated liver and a collapsed lung when her bike chain broke in training. Brooke Crain, who replaced her in Olympic competition, was injured in an accident in the seeding race. Alise Post had a scary faceplant in semifinals and had to be helped to walk across the finish line.

From the Daily Mail:
I'd rather hug a pit bull than try BMX...

But ohmigosh... it looks like a thrill-and-a-half to ride those hills and curves!


Saturday 9: If Loving You Is Wrong (I Don't Want to Be Right)

1. Has you ever done something that you knew was wrong, but because of love or lust, did it anyway?
Once or twice I may have found myself in a situation where I was doing a wrongish sort of thing. For love. Not trying to justify it. Just saying. 

1) I'm fairly sure Evans had a girlfriend for at least a portion of the year we were still seeing each other whenever I was home from school on weekends. We had mutually decided up front that wouldn't ask each other about our love lives outside our relationship. Intuition told me he was seeing someone, but I never asked directly.

2) JohnN and I were together for about three months, but we were never "officially" boyfriend and girlfriend. During summer, when John was out of town at home one weekend, I went out with Jeff (my ex at the time). I don't think it was wrong for me to go out with Jeff, but at the same time, I didn't tell John, because I knew he would have been hurt by it.

2. Do you take longer to dress for a special event?
Of course. How could one not?

3. Do you consider yourself a good driver?
Very much so.

4. If you won Powerball, what would be the first thing you spent it on?
A trip to Italy

5. How much of the Olympics have you watched? Why?
A medium amount, I think. I watch the big events of the sports I like. There's just too much of even the sports I like to see all of them.

6. Have you ever changed your appearance because of a random happenstance?
Like I just robbed a bank and I need to change my hair color? Or I just saw my ex and I need to don sunglasses and a hat? Hmm. I don't think so.

7. Do you consider yourself attractive?
Averagely attractive

8. If you started your own religion, what would it be like?
There are plenty of great religions out there already. I don't think I need to start another one.

9. Have you ever given up too easily in the game of love?
Yes. If a guy I was into wasn't obviously into me right off the bat, I assumed he wasn't interested. Then I was on to the next one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP