Xanadu: The Musical

Monday, August 20, 2012

Kathy and I saw Xanadu yesterday at Zach Scott. Hilarious!! It's a parody of the 1980 film. It's funnier if you saw the movie and/or have some familiarity with 80's pop culture, but definitely not a requirement. My favorite line was a reference to the hunky Parker Stevenson. Blast from the past!


I don't prefer him that "surprised," but look at the gorgeous hair.

Jeff and I saw The Dark Knight Rises. It was good, but I could easily hack 45 minutes out of it. It does get bonus points for Anne Hathaway not annoying the crap out of me. B+


Sunday Stealing: Our Players' Meme

1. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit?
Los Angeles

2. Name three of your guilty pleasures.
watching The Bachelor, singing along with Katy Perry songs, taking long showers

3. The best kind of Girl Scout Cookie is:
Thin Mints

4. What do you value most in other people?
sense of humor

5. Be honest. Do you sneak some raw cookie dough when you’re baking cookies?
of course

6. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise?!
Many times.

7. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited?
Schönau am Königsee, near Berchtesgaden in the Bavarian Alps.

8. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler?
I try to use my head, but my heart is all too frequently in the way.

9. Name three things you are thankful for right now.
Lauren happy with her move to college, having career options, football season

10. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race? 
Many times, when I was a kid.

11. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart?
Yep.

12. What kind of work do you do?
I'm the webmaster for a charitable foundation. I also run a website of my own.

13. During the course of your lifetime, which job or career has been your favorite or most fulfilling?
pharmaceutical research data management

14. Do you think it’s necessary in your life to have a day-to-day “career” that is meaningful and service-oriented or do you function better in “just a job” with a steady paycheck?
Definitely something that is meaningful and service-oriented.

15. Was there ever a time in your life when you wanted to stay home with your children instead of working, even if it meant less money in the household?
It was important to me to do that, and I'm thankful we were able to make it work.

16. Tell us your worst boss story.
I actually have no bad boss stories! So weird. I've worked at 5 places, and had only great bosses.

17. Have your ever been the boss?
I managed two employees during my CRO days. One of them was awesome and required no special attention whatsoever. The other was a pain in the rear.

18. What is your dream occupation? 
Broadway singer, George Clooney's wardrobe assistant, or working in the office with the hilarious folks at TMZ. My realistic dream job- Texas A&M University administration. Maybe someday. I'm working on a connection at a local college at the moment. We'll see what happens there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP