:(

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tragedy in College Station yesterday. Over an eviction? Really? It's insanity. So sad. It's always impossible to wrap your head around this sort of thing. My heart goes out to the victims, especially Constable Bachmann's family.

I spent all day yesterday functioning on 2.5 hours of sleep. You know, how it feels like having a hangover, but you didn't get to enjoy any drinks the night before. I thought I would help Laura set up her classroom after I wasn't able to go back to sleep, but I just sat in a comfy chair all day while she worked. Ha! She was nice and said she just wanted me to chat, but I know she was thinking I wasn't really capable of much more at that point.

This morning I'm feeling better after a more reasonable night. It's going continue to be a very busy week around here. I've got Foundation stuff out the yang at the same time as we're packing Lauren up to go to school. Three more days of getting everything ready! I think it's time for a family movie break. Maybe The Campaign tonight!


Curious as a Cat


1) Describe your "good china," whether you actually own any or not.
Noritake Southern Lace. How I remember these minutiae of twenty-something years ago, but can't remember what I had for lunch, remains a mystery.

No, I didn't dig it out of the top shelf, finely packed away china bags it's been in since 1992. This is a web photo I found. Pretty stuff. Too bad I've only used it twice. Eight full sets, plus Gorham King Edward crystal glassware. (Mind like a rusty trap, I tell ya'.) I'm a casual entertainer, so we should have registered for Fiestaware.

2) When are you happiest?
When Jeff, Lauren and I are laughing together about something.

3) If you could turn into two people right now, what are the first two things you'd want to do?
a. start taping boxes together and helping Lauren pack her things
b. head straight to the beach

4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
This reminds me of several weeks ago when the guy was flying around our neighborhood with his powered parachute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP