Makeup Tips and Bus Trips

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Makeup tip for fair, green-eyed girls... Two words: Pewter. Eyeliner. I was using superdark brown for a long time, then went back to black. No matter how thin and blended the line, it's just too harsh, really. I was told to try dark grey, and it is amazing the color it brings out, while also tuning down the contrast with light skin. Try it!!

When I texted Angel earlier this week, "I hear Kenny is coming to the football game! Awesome!!", she told me she looked at the message and thought about it for five minutes before texting me back. See, she calls her brother Kenneth, and would never have imagined that her freshman Florida college student was going to Texas next weekend. She first thought I had texted the wrong person. Then she thought I was referring to Kenny Chesney (because I refer to Kenny Chesney, like never) who was performing at a football game, and that I thought that she had a big crush on him, when it's actually Keith Urban she loves. (I know that!) So she finally replied, in inimitable Angel fashion, "Whatchu talkin' about, Willis?! LOL"

Some brain twin she is! ;)

I explained that Lauren and Kenneth had talked and he is coming to see her and go to the Florida game.

He was going to drive it, but Angel said it's fifteen hours one-way and his car is leaking oil. Gas alone would be around $300. So she and I got on the phone and brainstormed how to get him from Gainesville to College Station with less risk of being stranded in the middle of BFE, Mississippi with dead car. Kevin has a frequent-flier airline voucher, so Kenneth is going to fly to Houston, then take the bus to Bryan.

I took the bus from College Station to Austin a few times back in the day, to visit peeps at t.u., before I had a car. When Angel and I checked the Greyhound site, we originally were going to have him come to Austin and ride with us to the game, then take the bus back on Sunday to fly home after hanging out with Lauren. We discovered that the trip from Bryan to Austin (which was about 3.5 long bus hours in the 80's) is now, I kid you not... 10 HOURS. It's a two-hour drive, folks. I have no idea what that route is, but no one should ever take it.

Finally this morning (I'm late today, says Laura!)... To me, A&M and Missouri deciding to leave the Big 12 is a result of disagreement of powers-that-be in the athletic departments of the schools involved. A few of my acquaintances (none of my closer friends) have made it personal between alumni. For them and anyone else who would like to accost me on the street with their mudslinging, I'd point to this, my favorite quote to date, from the August issue of 12th Man Magazine. Rusty Burson said, "(SEC) schools will bloody your nose on the field, but they won't stab you in the back inside the boardroom. Not so in the Big 12."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP