Dirty Laundry

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I make my living off the evening news
Just give me somethin'... somethin' I can use
...

Two separate conversations from Sunday-

Me: What's GTL?
Lauren: Gym, Tan, Laundry. It's from Jersey Shore, which I never watch.
Me (I, too, have never seen the show): What's "Laundry?"
Jeff: Laundry. Like laaaaaundryyyyy.
Lauren: Like the laundromat.
Me: Mmmmkay...

Me: Who are you chatting with?
Lauren (texting a friend at school): Mark. He had a confrontation with someone in the laundry room.
Me: What is "The Laundry Room?"
Lauren (laughing): Where you do laundry????
Me: Ohhhhhhhh. Like in the dorm? I thought it was a bar or something.

I seem to have some sort of brain block when it comes to laundry.


The "please do me a favor and change your settings so people can't see my comments..." alarmist and erroneous Facebook post is back again. *sigh* Sure, I can take the trouble to change my personal settings so I don't see your public posts on other people's pages, but it most certainly does not prevent everyone from seeing them.

Here's a complete treatise on this subject from Snopes.

Almost everyone has their wall posts set to be visible to their friends. Some have them viewable by friends of friends, and some by the entire online population of the world, including people who aren't on Facebook at all. Note their settings, which are conveniently indicated on each post, and comment accordingly.

If you must say something to someone via Facebook, but you don't want other people to see it, write it in a private message. Very simple, very easy. (I'm channeling my inner Chef Tell. Anyone remember him?! Okay, moving on...) Like real life, you want to keep private conversations private. If you write it on someone's wall, it's public. The changing of my settings doesn't affect that.

What exactly are you guys posting that you don't want your friends to see? I'm changing all the settings for people who post that silly message to "DEFINITELY show me comments this person makes on others' pages." ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP