College Football, How I've Missed You

Sunday, September 2, 2012

College football Saturday, week 1! I haven't watched so much television since about six years ago, when we did a Lord of the Rings marathon. I love LOTR with an unhealthy passion, but that was a long-ass day.

We watched just about every SEC game there was. Florida beat Bowling Green, which I found out is in Ohio and named after the playing field of a British game called lawn bowls. It's sort of like croquet without the mallets. Or not. Anyhoo... the football game was an unexpectedly hard-fought battle. Angel says this may be a long year for the Gators. Let's hope it starts getting really long next Saturday at Kyle Field! :)

Flipped away from Bama/Michigan to Auburn/Clemson when it became clear that the Tide had the Wolverines wrapped up in Dallas... somewhere in the first quarter. Painful loss for Auburn! Then back to DFW for the remainder of the Alabama game, which was a stunning surprise domination over Michigan. Same score as the LSU game, but Michigan ain't exactly North Texas.


Sunday Stealing: The 88 Meme, Part Two

23. Why do you think so many people cheat?
I don't have a clue.

24. Tell me what's on your mind.
The Foundation CMS has been down for two weeks, and I'm considering what I can do now to get everything ready for the craziness that will ensue when it's back up on Tuesday.

25. What are you looking forward to in the next three months?
college football!

26. Have you ever worn the opposite sex's clothing?
I've worn boyfriends' shirts. I especially like tossing on the button-down ones that go with suits/tuxes, after a night out. Am I right, ladies?!

25. When did you last talk to your BFF?
yesterday

28. When is your next road trip?
Next week I'm off to Galveston to hang with CJ for a couple of days at her new place.

29. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell anything to?
I have several good male friends I could tell almost anything. Two male friends I could tell absolutely anything whatsoever- Scotty or Doug.

30. How's your heart?
Metaphorically and physically well.

31. Have you ever felt like you weren't important?
yep

32. Do you think somebody's secretly in love with you?
of course

33. What are you planning on doing after this?
updating my website

34. Last time you yelled at someone?
I'm not a yeller.

35. Have you told anybody you loved them today?
not yet

36. Who do you not get along with?
narrow-minded people

37. What does your most recent text say?
"Goodnight dahling! xoxo" to Angel

38. What are you wearing right now?
a zebra print, short nightgown

39. You're locked in a room with the person you last kissed in high school, how is it?
Friendly. We're sharing photos of our kids, laughing over some amusing story from high school and avoiding any and all political conversation.

40. When's the last time you had a grilled cheese?
maybe six months ago at Chedd's

41. What's your favorite boy and girl name?
Ethan and Lauren

42. How did you feel when you woke up?
Very content. At the moment, all is right with the world.

43. Do you wish someone would call or text you right now?
I wish JeffC would text me a link to the funniest political item he's seen recently.

44. Do you think Clint Eastwood would have been better talking to a table?
Having watched the speech after becoming very curious from all the internet chatter, I would say he would have been better off reading a teleprompter and leaving the furniture out of it. Oy.

45. What were you doing yesterday at midnight?
Lauren had just come home from being out all evening. The three of us were talking in the living room, while watching the Oregon game.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP