Emotionally Moving Songs

Sunday, April 28, 2013

We watched This is 40 this week. It had some crazy-funny moments, but it was long and got a bit more serious than I expected. One of my favorite parts was the George Clooney bit. Jason says he doesn't want to settle down and have a family. He wants to "Clooney it." Debbie says Clooney is sad and lonely, and that he has "sad eyes." Jason says George is not lonely at all and does the sad eyes just to get the next lady. Bwahaha!

Sunday Stealing requires too much thinking this week, so I'm going with...

Music Memoirs Top 5 on Friday

Top 5 songs that are emotionally moving

5. "Falling in Love with Jill Kotowski" Bob Schneider
A guy spilling his heart out about the girl who makes his grey days sunshiny. The sound and lyrics have a sort of youthful quality. So incredibly sweet.


4. "Rain" Patty Griffin
I heard this one a few years ago at a winterguard competition, and it just really hit me as one of the saddest songs ever written. The dance performance was really good as well, which added to the whole mood.


3. "It Won't Be Like this for Long" Darius Rucker
Song about your baby girl growing up... those difficult moments of parenting a baby and toddler that are gone too fast. Oh my gosh, I'm tearing up just thinking about this song!


2. "It's You" Tony Lucca
"Makin' me smile and smiiiiiiiile...." He's so in love with this girl from whom he's separated by physical distance. I have two versions of this song- guitar and piano. That's how much I love it.


1. "Fireflies" Ron Pope
(Ironic that one of my most favorite songs ever and my least favorite song have the same title.) This goodbye song still makes me weepy every single time I listen. "...I am watching her dance, as the hem of her dress gently kisses the grass..."

Big moment- "...turning numb to the sound." Gah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP