It's a Small World After All

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Funny thing- Kathy sat next to my COO on a panel for some big hoo-ha last week. (Overachievers.) When the COO came into my office on Monday, I said, "I heard you met my friend Kathy!..." He was like, "How do you know her?!"

Yeah, small world.


I'm not as excited about Gatsby as I was about Moulin Rouge, but I had forgotten that when we saw Moulin Rouge for the first time at the theater, I almost walked out in the first several minutes. "Can-Can" started and I was ready to grab my stuff and head for the door. I hung in there, and as soon as I saw it for what it was, and figured out that it didn't take itself too seriously, I really enjoyed it. It's one of my favorite films of all time today.

It's a Baz Luhrmann thing. You love it or hate it. Or hate it... then grow to love it. It's over-the-top, colorful, loud insanity. With fabulous music. That's what grabbed me. So I'm still eagerly awaiting Gatsby. Meanwhile, I've got my eye on Ironman III for weekend after next.


Patrick's Saturday Six

1. How old were you the first time you used a telephone?
three

2. What’s the oldest phone number you remember from your childhood? 
481-0123. Our home number from 1975 to 1980. It was one number off from the main number at NASA, which is still 483-0123. We got calls for them all day and night! At first, my parents were so annoyed, but soon they just started answering people's questions. Typically, it was someone wanting hours or directions to a building. My dad worked there. They knew the information, so they gave it out! So funny.

"Is this NASA?"

"Yes! How can I help you?"

Heh.

3. What’s the oldest phone number you remember from your childhood that is still a valid number for the same party it was then?
I still know Lori's parents' number, where they have lived since 1975!

4. Have you ever used a rotary-dial telephone?

Of course!

5. What year did you get your first cell phone? 
Let's see. Jeff had a pager until about 1994. Then he got a cell phone. A few years later, he bought me one for Christmas, "for safety reasons," even though I didn't want one. So I'll say 1997-ish?

6. How many cell phones have you owned since then?
Started with a Nokia. Got another Nokia years later. Ack. I have no idea. Not many. Maybe 5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP