Weekend Update

Saturday, April 27, 2013

I've had two big rants this week, which you've all been spared, because I've not been able to blog much:

1) Boston Bombers' mother- please. Shoplifting and on a terrorist list? Stop talking.

2) Travis County DA Rosemary Lehmberg. First of all, don't ever throw around the "Do you know who I am?" card. Like Reese Witherspoon or any other drunk driver, they don't (or shouldn't) care one iota who you are. When you're the DA, you should hope they don't recognize you. She told the officer, "You just ruined my career." No, honey. You just ruined your career. These lawyers who are backing her to stay in office are nuts. The district attorney has to hold herself to some standard of behavior. Oh, and being a law-abiding citizen would be nice.

Add yesterday the Sacramento Bee comic depicting the West explosion. Too soon. Too soon. I appreciate a good slam of Governor Goodhair as much as the next person... but yeesh. Have some respect for the people of West. In the news video (which I can't locate at the moment), West Mayor Tommy Muska said that if the cartoonist has time to sit around and write something like that, he can come to West and pick up a broom and help with the cleanup.

Well, Jeff and I are off to San Antonio with Scott n' Julie for the day! Have a good one, y'all!


Saturday 9: Twist and Shout

1) In the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Ferris climbs up on a parade float and enthusiastically lip synchs this song, encouraging the entire crowd to join in. Do you know the lyrics of "Twist and Shout" well enough to sing along? (Watch the impossibly young Matthew Broderick as Ferris here.)
Of course.

2) What other Beatles' song do you know all the words to?
Most of their popular ones. 

3) 49 years after their American debut, The Beatles are acknowledged as having a lasting impact on both music and culture. What performers on today's music scene do you think will be remembered 50 years from now?
Adele, Carrie Underwood (Country artists are around forever)

4) Paul McCartney is an enthusiastic advocate of the vegetarian lifestyle. Could you/have you tried to "go veggie?"
No. If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he wouldn't have given us canine teeth and ribeye steak.

5) As a young boy, Ringo Starr suffered a severe attack of appendicitis and almost died. Do you still have your appendix? What about your tonsils?
I have my appendix, but not my tonsils. I had tons of ear infections when I was little, so I had my tonsils out at 4 or 5.

6) John Lennon sketched and doodled when he was bored or nervous. Do you have any nervous habits?
Tapping my pen on the desk. Sorry, officemate. ;)

7) George Harrison loved Hawaii so much he bought a 63-acre estate in Maui. Have you ever visited our 50th state? 
Oh yes. So beautiful and relaxing. Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is THE single most amazing place I've ever seen.

8) Yoko Ono was a polarizing character in the Beatles' saga. Has any of your friends ever dated/married someone you just could not stand?
Great question. I would have thought at some point, one of my friends would have at least dated someone I hated. But no! I can't think of one guy I didn't like. There were certainly some I liked better than others, but even Cathy's ex-husband is still a fun guy to hang out with.

9) Paul has had dogs his entire adult life, including a sheepdog, Martha, and a black lab, Jet. John was especially fond of a cat named Elvis and a tomcat he found in the snow and named Tim. Tell us about one of your pets.
As an adult, I've had four cats: Ernie, who was stuck in a permanent bad mood, but was very sweet to Lauren when she was little. Spanky, who was the sweetest cat ever. Kiptyn, a beautiful giant cat with a curmudgeonly attitude and a sweet side, who is very clumsy. Maya, who is cute and cuddly and very smart, very quick and coordinated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP