TGI... Almost Friday!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ohmigosh, my heart goes out to the people of West. Bravo to the Czech Stop for staying open all night to feed the first responders and everyone else.


Today I had the data analyst moment of a lifetime... well, moment of the year at least. Long story very short, I discovered that a major laboratory has been printing the incorrect units for differentials on their lab reports for at least two years. For a value of 3.1 k/ul, they are listing results as 3.1 /ul. Only slightly different. By about 3097.

I called them and spoke to the Hematology supervisor, who was shocked. He had the head of the chem lab call me back later and thank me. The chem guy asked, "How did you ever identify this?" He got the long version of the story. Here, I'll just say it's because I'm meticulous and mathematically inclined, and I care about the health of all mankind.

You're welcome.

Plus, their error was screwing with my numbers.


Jeff is gone all week to sunny California, for a romp on the beach business trip. The only good thing about it for me is... I get theWHOLE garage to park my car in! I park it right in the middle and swing the doors open all the way. Both of 'em. Just because I can. I don't have to avoid the wall or Jeff's car. It's awesome.

It's the little things, folks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP