Lavender Blue... Dilly Dilly

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Went to the Lavender Festival in Blanco with Scott 'n' Julie ('n' Kirsten) last weekend. We started with brunch at the Uptown Blanco Restaurant, which is in the former town theater. It was amazing.

It is always fun to hit the area festivals, but it was hot on Sunday. We took a quick break in the county courthouse, where they filmed scenes from the 2010 version of the movie True Grit. Very coolio. What a neat building, too.

At the festival, I bought two awesome pieces of Rebecca Rang's metal art, which I had absolutely looooved at the Blue Genie show at Christmas, but didn't buy then, because I wasn't shopping for myself. I really dig the colors and the shininess and the silvery metal peeking through. It's such happy art! I'm still thinking of the perfect place for them in the house, because I want to see these every day. (Art Schoenig's flowers are fabulous, too! And the only ones I would be able to keep alive in my garden.)

Afterwards, we went to one of a few lavender farms nearby, but the lavender is confused this year, and hasn't bloomed yet (AT ALL) because of the cool May. There were still beautiful wildflowers and pretty scenery as far as the eye could see.

Click me! I'm bigger than this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP