Happy Easter!

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Good morning and Happy Easter to those of us who celebrate! Laura, Lent can be considered to have ended on Thursday, so we were totally okay going out for barbecue on Friday night. (Just trying to absolve us of that ex-Catholic guilt.)


The foundation's pre-website-launch checklist is giving me fits this weekend. After I completed and verified most of my web pages early a couple of months ago (having been, along with web producers from two other chapters, basically a beta tester of the whole CMS system- you're welcome), the national office has made changes to the structure of some pages that has resulted in the disappearance and/or complete "screwing up" (technical term air quotes!) of several of my chapter's pages.

*sigh*

As I am reconstructing several key pages, I am finding new system bugs. Ugh. What a mess.


Sunday Stealing: The Two Memes in One Meme Meme - Happy Easter!


1: Who is your favorite Musical Artist from when you were a teenager? 
Prince and Duran Duran were my two ultimate favorites.

2: Who is your favorite game show host?
Chuck Woolery

3: Who is your Favorite Blog hosting service?
Blogger!

4: If you could meet anyone again from your childhood, who would it be?
Mr. Jackson, my awesome fifth grade teacher at Burnett Elementary in Houston.

5: Where did you want to live when you were growing up?
Good question. I don't think I thought much about living anywhere other than Houston. We spent a lot of time in College Station with my grandparents and aunt and uncles, so I would have happily lived there as well.

6: What is the most interesting piece of Trivia that you know?
Fun fact: Teeth are the only body parts that cannot heal themselves.

7: If you could live in any point of history when would it be and why?
I would live in ancient Rome, when they didn't have to wear pesky undergarments.

8: What is the most interesting job you have ever had?
The one I have now. It's never boring, working with brand new therapies and medical devices that may be helping people in the next few years.

9. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share. 
Mr. Spasic, my seventh grade Texas History teacher, used to do these hilarious overheads for lessons, starring Mr. Spaso, a parody of Mr. Bill from SNL. This is a card I made him on the last day of school, with Mr. Spaso on the front. It said, "Oh NOOOOO.... Texas History is over. :(" Heh.


10. What's your favorite Beatles song?
"Oh! Darling" Love Sarah Bareilles' cover:



11. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?
athletic capris and a thin t-shirt

12. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?
Be a guest. I love planning parties, but I tend to stress over the details when I am hosting.

13. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?
Yes and yes.

14. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing?
experiencing

15. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)
anyone who appeared to be insincere or fake

16. Snacks. Salty or sweet?
salty

17. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there?
My table's table tent from the foundation's awards night (it says "Guests of Kathy ---"), that Laura stole for me. It's been here for maybe a month, waiting for me to figure out what to do with it.

18. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?
Top Gun

19. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?
I offer it to the fam and a couple of friends, to see if they want to try it. If not, I toss it. I did just read that if you don't like a new conditioner, you can use it as shaving cream. Great idea!

20. Your favorite spring comfort food?
What the heck is a spring comfort food? Winter comfort foods, I get. Spring... let's see... chicken Caesar wrap?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP