Perks of Being a Wallflower

Monday, March 4, 2013

We watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower last week. I'd rather comment on that than The Last Exorcism II, which L and I saw yesterday, because Last Exorcism sucks like a giant sucking thing. Oh man. Does it suck.

Perks was a great film. Lauren has read the book and she loved the movie. I was surprised by the twist, although I should have seen it coming. Or maybe not, as they definitely steer you towards believing that Charlie is depressed because of his aunt's death. It's a sad story in a lot of ways, but a tale of typical teen angst and friendships and some of the craptastic things we all went through in high school. It's got a ton of great 80's music and references. I recommend it as a rental, if you haven't seen it.

Bonus- all the guys in their 40's who have creepy crushes on Emma Watson will enjoy it! (That's a bit of a jab at my hubby.)

;)


Music Memoirs: Top 5 on Friday

Top 5 Albums on your wish list right now:

I so rarely buy albums anymore, but the ones I would like to "complete" are-
1) Les Mis film soundtrack
2) Overexposed Maroon 5
3) Adele 21
4) Gavin DeGraw Sweeter
5) Bruno Mars Unorthodox Jukebox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP