Patrick's Saturday Six- Last Letter

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Our department director wants us to be on Trillian at work, so we can send quick messages to each other during the day. (Ideally, the company would provide a secure, internal IMing platform, but they don't.) I prefer that work stuff be documented in email, but since everyone is using Trillian, I'm going to have to install it. I'm at home in the afternoons until at least the end of March, so it would be especially useful for the folks in the office to reach me in the p.m. via IM.

I'll start a separate IM account for work though. I don't really want to mix the work/play groups. There can be some overlap, but not for everyone. Ya' know? :)

Patrick's Saturday Six: Z

1. Z is for ZAKUSKA: What is your favorite appetizer in your favorite restaurant?
We never get an appetizer in my favorite restaurant, Austin Land and Cattle, because it would be way too much food with the steak dinner. My favorite appetizer in town is the Grove Crispy Oysters at The Grove Wine Bar-- oysters on house-made chips with spicy aioli and mango-poblano pico. Delicioso!

2. Z is for ZEPPELIN: If the great airships of old became an accepted form of transportation again, how likely would you be to travel in one of them?
If I could have a little wine first, I would love to travel in one. Not totally comfortable with the safety, but it would be very cool!

3. Z is for ZEPPOLE: Do you prefer doughnuts freshly made and still hot, chilled or at room temperature?
Room temp. I don't mind them hot, but they usually have a melt-in-your-mouth consistency then, which isn't as good as the complex crispy/soft texture at room temperature. I've never had them chilled. (?)

4. Z is for ZERO: What is a grocery item you’ve completely run out of at the moment?
I'm not out of anything now, but I did run out of milk last week.

5. Z is for ZOILISM: What subject do you feel people are too quick to criticize others about?
People are too quick to criticize others from historically persecuted groups, who say things like, "He didn't promote me, because I'm a woman," or "They didn't punish that drunk driver because she's White." People roll their eyes at those types of comments. They typically assume those injustices are outdated, but the sad fact is, they aren't. Each situation should be taken on its own and considered with the facts.

6. Z is for ZOOCULTURE: If money were no object and you could domesticate any wild animal and have it live with you, (and you knew the animal would be safe to live with), which animal would you choose to have as a pet?
koala

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP