Matchbox Twenty

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

OMG. Matchbox Twenty is so awesome live. I've never seen them in concert before. Can you believe that? And ACL Live is the best venue. Every seat is a good seat. A pretty intimate setting for the size of it.

I cannot say enough about how great MB20 were. They played a few songs from their new album, and the rest from their years and years of colossal hits. Everyone was singing and dancing. It was amazing!

Best of all, they played "Back 2 Good," which is one of my favorite all time songs. Rob Thomas- just.. yes. He made a joke about Austin's cedar pollen making his voice all scratchy, which he thought might be sexy.... or creepy. Heh.

At one point he said he was "a teenager in the late 80's..." which shocked the crap out of the guys behind me.

Guy 1: DAMN. What?!
Guy 2: What did he say?
Guy 1: He said he was a teenager in the late 80's!
Guy 2: Oh my GOD. Wow.

At that point, Rob had gone into a very detailed discussion of making a mix tape from the radio, waiting for the DJ to shut up and stop talking over the intro to your favorite song, which you'd sat by the radio all dang day to wait for... Those guys had no idea what he was talking about.


Patrick's Saturday Six

1. What is the best part of your job? (If you’re unemployed or retired, what’s the best part of your day?)
I enjoy digging into data files and identifying discrepancies and queries. I'm sorta like the cute bow-tie guy on the H&R Block commercial who says he enjoys digging through 8 years of someone's unorganized papers to sort them and fill out a proper tax return. LOVE IT.

2. What was your favorite television show when you were a child?

I liked Zoom, The Electric Company, Sesame Street and Bugs Bunny.

3. When you go to a coffee shop, what is your “usual” order?
Skinny iced mocha, decaf.

4. When you watch a movie, do you skip the previews or do you watch them all with anticipation?

Skip them? Do I have a choice? I watch all of them with anticipation. I enjoy hearing everyone's comments at the end of each trailer. Oh, movies at home? No, I skip those, if the DVD lets me.

5. What’s the best thing that happened to you today (or this week)? 
I finished designing a user acceptance testing plan for one of my studies, and got it signed off.

6. Do you know any knock-knock jokes? If so, list it.
Knock knock
Who's there?
Cows go.
Cows go who?
No, cows go MOO.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP