Tuesday Randomness

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So, am I officially a Texan if I say the word "deluxe" with the accent on the "de-"? Yep, I thought so. Don't ask me why I said it that way, but I do seem to be speaking with my Southernest of accents today.

A young woman I encountered while I was out this morning had a British accent. Around here, we call the town of Dripping Springs "Drippin'." It was so cute to hear her say, "It's out towards Drippin'..." So, is she officially an Austinite if she says "Drippin'"? I'd have to say yes.

The college students are all irritated that older women (they don't say it as politely) are going to be at David Cook's concerts. I would have felt the same way at their age, I'm sure.

Yahoo Messenger is giving me troubles. I reinstalled version 8, and now it is randomly changing my away statuses to "available" when I'm not there. Version 9, as you may recall, is having difficulty receiving long messages from people who are not also on version 9. Good grief. If I switch back to Trillian, I wonder if that will solve the issues.

We are under a winter storm warning tonight. Luckily it will be over by noon tomorrow. Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP