Blog Day Off Entry

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Facebook has this survey going around, so I am copying it here. Yes, I am a slacker today.

16 Random Facts About Me
(FB'ers may be familiar with this as 25 Random Facts, but the friend who tagged me listed only 16, so that is all I did.)

1. My worst job ever was one college summer working in a shoe store in that strange, half-empty mall (Tara reminded me- it's Deauville Mall) across I-45 from Baybrook Mall in Houston.

2. I've never been much of a "quiet night at home" kind of gal. I am usually looking for opportunities to go out or get together with friends.

3. I read almost exclusively non-fiction books.

4. I had a collection of celebrity autographs until I was out of college, when I tossed all of them in the trash. Who knew eBay was on the horizon?

5. I did Moms' Night Out, Kids' Field Trips and published the newsletter over the 4 years I was a member of a local moms club, when Lauren was little.

6. I was a two-time cancer survivor by age 26, with a clean bill of health (and a healthy daughter born) since then.

7. I used to hate to cook, but in the last few years I've grown to like it.

8. I am an office supply addict.

9. My friends and I (and several other middle school girls) were total groupies for a 50's band at Astroworld one summer. We were there all day, every day, in the front row at every show.

10. I'm scared of most dogs.

11. I have never worked a day in the field of my college degree, but wouldn't change a thing about my choice to study it. Or even to do the year of grad school… wait, let me think about that…

12. Jeff and I will be married 19 years in May.

13. I've never had a desire for Lauren to make the same school or career choices that I made, and it's a good thing, because she hasn't. I was choir. She was band. I was basketball. She was cheer. I was A&M. She is leaning UT.

14. I know a lot of people named Scott, Melissa and Kathy.

15. I find the social psychology of birth order very interesting and typically true.

16. I don't gamble, but I love Las Vegas! The shows, the sights, the sounds, the 24/7 activities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP