Debate

Thursday, October 4, 2012

"Aca-scuse me," but first I have to tell you that Pitch Perfect is HYSTERICAL. Elizabeth Banks produces and plays a role in the film. She and John Michael Higgins are so funny as college a capella competition judges with the best one-liners ever. The movie is very silly and purposely cheesy. The music is a'ight- not up to Glee standards especially in the technical realm of film/audio editing and synching, but it works and we were bouncing along in our seats.

Here are The Barden Bellas singing Blackstreet's "No Diggity"



The Bellas finale is really great!

Hana Mae Lee had us rolling as Lilly, the soft-spoken girl whose comments only the movie audience can hear. They are priceless. I would like to list them here, since Lauren and I keep saying them, but that would ruin the fun for you!

See it! I promise it's not just for teens and chicks.


I didn't intend to watch the debate, but I got sucked in. I should have played one of the drinking games to ease the pain of it all. First and foremost, Jim Lehrer was basically absent in his role as moderator. He let both candidates roll all over him all evening, taking whatever time they wanted to go back and forth. Then he spent two minutes at the end rambling about how there were only three minutes remaining for the final question. I spent a lot of time heckling both candidates and complaining, "Get the hook!"

I'm just never going to get over my feeling that Romney is a far right, starched shirt with no inkling of what is happening in the world outside Martha's Vineyard. I think he made a few good points, but like most people, I've made up my mind about him and nothing he can say at this point, no matter how much I agree, is going to reel me in.

I felt like Obama was just as guilty as Romney of sticking to his own certain talking points and throwing around questionable numbers. We all know numbers can be pulled out of thin air, and the way they batted back and forth on the trillions of budget dollars had my head spinning. One number which I call into question is this $3600 Obama said I have supposedly saved in taxes. (...With which I could "buy a new car?" Suddenly it's 1972.) I assure you we have not seen this $3600 of which the President speaks.

The absolute worst proposal from Romney for me was Medicare vouchers. I do not support vouchers for private schools, nor would I ever support vouchers for Medicare. The whole point of public schools and other government programs is that we ALL pay into it, for the greater good of society. It doesn't matter if you don't have children or you want your kids to go to private school. We all pay for public schools. If you desire and have the means to pay for private insurance in retirement, good for you, but you don't get any of your money back from the public program. What's next? A defense voucher, with which I can purchase my own arsenal of firearms?

After debates, I enjoy watching the media and my friends on Facebook all saying their candidate clearly won. Everyone sees what they want to see.

Except me. I wanted to see Modern Family. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP