Who Has Viewed Your FB Profile?

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I have officially submitted my first application for a new job! It's an actual opening, not just the sending of my resume to keep on file.

Now I'm sitting by the phone like a lovesick teenager, waiting for a call. However, I'm still actively pursuing other jobs, so call me or lose me, baby.


My in-laws have clicked some Facebook "omg, look who has viewed your profile" app. Now it's posting spam on everyone's newsfeed every other day. I report it every single time.

You cannot tell who is viewing your Facebook Timeline. You just can't. And really, do you want to know? It won't be your ex or the cute guy/girl at work. It'll be a random person you friended from high school, who sat behind you in some class you can't remember. And it will creep you out.

People used to think that the eight friends who appear on your Facebook page, the "random" ones, were actually the ones who had visited your page recently. Facebook says that is not the case. Now people are guessing that they are the ones with whom you've interacted most in recent days. That seems to be true for me.

I'm also fairly certain that the eight people who show up on my friends' pages when I am viewing them are the people with whom I interact most and/or ones I may know.

They could both be random, but Facebook is always going to try to get you to be more interactive with the site, so it makes sense to have some sort of algorithm determining which friends should be displayed. One factor that's irrelevant--- who has viewed your Timeline. Only Facebook knows though- not those annoying apps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP