Results of the Debate- Debatable

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I didn't watch the debate last night, but it looks like the candidates were dead even in the end. My liberal friends thought Obama won. My conservative friends thought Romney won.

I had to Google "binders of women," after many amusing, but obscure references to that on my FB news feed when I finally checked in late last night. Romney's whole thing about having to allow flex time "if we're going to have women in the workplace" was offensive and archaic. Sarah Silverman summed it up perfectly on Twitter: "Mitt Romney is one of the most progressive thinkers of 1950."

As for Obama, I always shake my head when supporters (like me) of work programs and/or fast track to citizenship for illegal immigrants currently working in the US think Obama is on their side, when he is actually deporting them at a rate 1.5 times that of W. The only difference between him and the Republicans is that he favors Federal control over the borders, while the Reps favor state control.


Song Lyrics of the Day

...How do you feel? That is the question
But I forget you don't expect an easy answer
When something like a soul becomes initialized
And folded up like paper dolls and little notes
You can't expect a bit of hope
So while you're outside looking in
Describing what you see
Remember what you're staring at is me...


"Through Glass" Stone Sour

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP