John Taylor Book Tour- Austin

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Oh. My. Gosh. LOVED the original JT's book signing last night!

There were somewhere between 300-400 people. The great Margaret Moser did about an hour-and-a-half interview, with audience Q&A and John reading some excerpts from the book. Then everyone lined up in very orderly fashion in single file down the center aisle of the Scottish Rite Theater... ahaha well somewhat orderly. Tracy and I hung out and chatted in our seats instead.

Then came the moment of the signing- literally a moment, because there were a lot of people and neither we nor he wanted to be there all night. I don't care how long its been since you screamed your lungs out for one of your teen idols (okay- 2011 for me but you know what I mean), your heart is still going to skip a beat when he says, "Hello Kathy! Thanks for coming out tonight."

Ahhhhhhhhhhh... no prob. I was just... in the neighborhood.

Eeeeeeeee!!!

At one point in the Q&A, he responded to a question by an audience member if he thought any music of today will stand the test of time twenty years from now. He said, "I don't care how old you are, the best music of your life is going to be the stuff you listened to when you were 17/18 years old." For him it was Roxy Music. For us it was Duran Duran. For kids today, it could be Arcade Fire. So true.

Best photo of the night, because I FORGOT MY REAL CAMERA. Gah.
Cue the screaming!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  October 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM  

Holy Moly! So this whole time, as I saw you mention this night, I was thinking James Taylor. You know - shower the people you love with love - and I was mildly jealous that I missed this.
So... who the hell is John Taylor?

Kathy October 30, 2012 at 10:10 AM  

o.

m.

g.

*eyeroll*

(Heh. Still laughing about this today!)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP