Job Hunt Blues

Saturday, October 13, 2012

My job hunt is going nowhere fast. I've been at it full-time for two weeks now, and I can already tell you that twenty-year-old experience, even management experience, is the same as none at all. So... major suckage on that front.

It looks like I'm going to have to go the web developer route (I have mixed feelings about that) or start something altogether new.

*major sigh*

Everything happens for a reason.


Saturday 9: Ain't No Other Man

1) Do you believe there's only one person (and there ain't no other) for you? Or do you think we can truly love several partners over the course of our lives?
We've all seen over and over and over again in life that there isn't just one person for you. Certainly, you can very happily devote yourself to one person for your lifetime. If they leave you (or are hit by a bus, as Laura and I say), there is someone else out there with whom you can be happy as well. I do think there is far stronger family solidarity and a higher level of personal fulfillment to be gained by keeping the same partner throughout your life, and that it is the desired outcome for most people.

2) Do you have this, or any other, Christina song on your iPod/mp3 player?
I have this and five other Christina songs on my phone.

3) Christina Aguilera won a Grammy for her performance of this song. What do you deserve an award for? And who would you thank in your acceptance speech?
My positive nature, which has been intensely challenged lately. Colin Farrell should present the award, because that would really bolster my positivity. I would do a Melissa Gorga "thank you Jesus" kiss towards the Heavens, and then thank my parents.

4) Christina Aguilera has her own brand of perfume. Do you have a fragrance or scent you regularly wear?
I haven't been wearing it regularly at all, but Philosophy's Pure Grace is my favorite scent.

5) Do you have any allergies?
ragweed, cedar... and deathly allergic to CT and MRI contrasts

6) There's an older lady who proclaims during a TV commercial, "I will give up beer, bread, wine or soda but I won't give up Life Alert!" No, we're not going to debate her diet. Instead the question is: What are some of the staples that are always on your grocery list?
Jeff's Yakisoba he takes for lunch, blueberry Nutrigrain bars, some sort of nuts

7) What's your favorite sitcom of all time?
Will & Grace and Cheers

8) When it comes to your socks, do you prefer solids, stripes or prints?
solids

9) At what age do you consider a person "middle aged?" And when do they transition to "old?"
I think of middle-age as starting at 50. Old is like 70. We should all be so lucky to make it that far!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP