Senseless Debate: Working vs. Stay-At-Home Moms

Monday, October 22, 2012

I can take the back and forth, nasty political swiping on Facebook all day long. What I cannot stand is divisive garbage like a bitchy, condescending ecard with an image of two women, that says, "I hear you. Raising kids and running a house keep me busy, too. I also have this little gig on the side called a full-time job." Especially when it's posted on a web page for women.

The moronic gem was posted by a discount shopping Facebook page called Women Get it Free, which lost fans as a result. It was also shared with the comment "Love it!" by one of my charming male friends. (Nice. Well, I do appreciate seeing a person's true colors.)

It doesn't matter one scintilla to me if you stay home with your kids or work at a paying job. However, I will enlighten the people who found the card so damn amusing...

The child care provider you pay to care for your children all day while you are at your paying job is doing the job a stay-at-home parent does all day. You are not doing the work of two people. Fancy yourself a supermom if it makes you feel good, but you are neither better nor worse, no more or less productive, hard-working or valuable to society or your own children than a stay-at-home mom. You're simply doing something different with the same number of hours in a day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP