Media Room Fail

Saturday, October 6, 2012

I now have a REAL desk for the first time since college.


Ikea Malm (coincidentally mentioned on New Girl this week). I stole it from Lauren's room.

This room, with my desk, is supposed to be a game room. We've talked about having a pool table in here or ping pong or something. So far, it's been a preschooler's playroom, a scrapbooking room, a rocketry room and an office. Now that I realize we'll be here for at least several more years, I thought it could be a media room. I drew this little napkin-style diagram (hey I'm not Candice Olson), basically facing 45° left from where I'm standing in the photo above:


There is a large opening to the room in front of me and three windows behind me. Those are the Broyhill film-reel tables from Homegoods on the third level, reclining leather movie chairs with drink holders on the middle row, and a long couch for lounging/snuggling/piling-lots-of-people on the front row. Second and third levels are raised, of course. Remote controlled curtains to block out all the light.

The scale is a little off. The distance from the couch to the screen would actually be about 2", so... I probably have to get rid of it. I know it would be more logical and comfy to get rid of the tables, but they're so cute. Come on now.

Notice the fatal flaw though-- my brilliant idea of having a retractable projection screen at the opening of the room falls apart once you are in the room watching the big game. NO EXIT.

Just don't drink too much. It'll be fine. We'll raise the screen for the halftime potty break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP