Happy Fathers' Day!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers' Day, dads!

Game Night was fun. Unfortunately for me, the guys have upped the appetizers to a full-on dinner over the last two months. Ack! My turn in July. Maybe I'll have it catered.

I won Nine Mens Morris several times, unlike my experience playing online where I never win. I guess it helps to have human opponents.

Scott K was commenting that he won't get a Facebook for two reasons: 1) He doesn't want people from his past finding him (hmm!) and 2) he's had two close friends who have connected with old girlfriends on Facebook and cheated on their wives with them. Yikes! Yeah, I tried to get him to tell us what in his past he doesn't want reappearing, but he's not telling. Maybe it's his old girlfriends.

I have actually made contact with a general contractor to get an estimate on our bathroom remodel. WOO! I got two more names last night, so maybe I can get something going this week. We also need half the bottom floor re-tiled, so there is another project. Cha-ching.

Lauren's church youth group played a really cool game last night. They were in teams of 4 teens with one adult. Each team got a set of photos and had a few hours to recreate them as accurately as possible. There were a few pics of Austin landmarks and mostly photos of people and animals doing funny things. They took off in cars with cameras in hand, and met back at the designated time. Then everyone voted for which team did the most accurate recreation each photo. The pix are posted on the group's FB page. Some of them are hilarious. Lauren's team won with the most "best recreations." Here are a couple of the originals for an example:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP