Mafia Wars

Monday, June 29, 2009

I realized I was really getting into Mafia Wars on Facebook this weekend, when I found myself knee-deep in an online strategy guide. I now have a printed chart of jobs on my desk, with experience/pay per energy point. I have an excel spreadsheet someone else made that let's me track all my properties, and tells me the next best deal to be found. I have bookmarklets that analyze my fights and tell me what vehicles and weapons and defense items I need to buy so I don't get killed.

The attraction for me is the mathematical nature of the game. There is a lot of calculation in what to buy and which jobs to do to make and keep your money. Then there is a probability of this or that outcome in any fights or robberies and the fairly random dropping of loot here and there. It's really a constant math thing, if you are playing it that way.

Jeff has joined the players who friend other players to build their mafias. I'm resisting that, as I don't want to sift through Mafia Wars people in my newsfeed to find updates from my actual friends. You can turn the game folks off, of course, but you would miss the game updates people post. So I'll continue with my paltry mafia of 17 actual friends as long as I can. I can buy people anyway.

While the kids were hanging out at our house yesterday, Jeff and I convinced Jaxon to start playing the game. Can you imagine Jim's reaction to his son being recruited to two mafias while he was here to play cards with friends? LOL. (I see that overnight he has been doing very well! We'll recruit Jim next.)

Alrighty, I'm off to smuggle some liquor!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP