Grammy Review

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day! I don't think I know anyone who is without a valentine this year. Yay!! So snuggle up with yours and enjoy. 

The Grammys are always fun to watch. I've never been a Rolling Stones fan, but man that Mick Jagger can dance around like a 30-year-old. Good for him. If he weren't a rock and roll icon, he would be just a creepy, lecherous old guy.

Sorry, but that Bob Dylan song was a MESS. Yikes. And the banter between the president of the Recording Academy and the guy from Glee was uncomfortable at best. Rihanna was a little off, which is unusual. Katy Perry was a LOT off. I like her, but from all the commentary online, it seems she is one of those who isn't ever good live.

Muse had the most awesome visual effects of the night. The muppets sang a dirty song with Cee Lo. Gwyneth Paltrow was surprisingly good! (Lauren was very confused why Jeff and I were so shocked. She thought Gwyneth was a singer, and had no idea she was an actress.) Justin Bieber is just beyond my mild appreciation of teenybopper pop, but he's a talented guy, and Lauren and I can't help but sing along with "Baby." What. It gets stuck in your head, too.

Lady GaGa wasn't shocking at all. I was waiting for something completely outlandish, but all I got was a teensy moment where I thought everyone on stage was naked. Eh.

We're still trying to figure out who the girl was in Eminem's doctor song... not Rihanna but the other one. She was fabulous.

Lady Antebellum won 800 awards for "Need You Now." I'm so thrilled for them, to have come from nowhere like that.

In case you don't have "Baby" stuck in your head-

Baby, baby, baby ohhhh 
I thought you'd always be mine... mine...

You're welcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP