Oh Say Can You See

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'm two days late on this, but I forgot to comment on the whole Christina Aguilera Super Bowl national anthem thing.

She has one of the best voices in music, today or ever. That being said... What actually bugged me more than the screwed up lyrics, which could happen to anyone I guess, were the constant riffs and runs. You can feature your voice and interject some of your personality into that song with a simple run or two, and hitting the "land of the freeeee" with some extra zing. No need for a bunch of theatrics.

While we were watching, I commented, "This isn't a concert. It's the national anthem." But she actually finished with her hand up in the air and a "thank you!"

Unless you are under the age of ten and/or it's your MakeAWish, I don't want to see you perform your own special version of the Star Spangled Banner and then practically take a bow and blow kisses to the audience afterward. It's an honor to sing the anthem, not your second encore at Madison Square Garden.

*bows*

*blows kisses*

*steps down from soapbox*

Quote of the week (technically last week, but we just watched the episode on DVR) goes to Laurie on Cougar Town, when she was doing the boudoir photo poses and she did the "Yeah, I Sit Backwards on a Chair Cuz I'm a Rule Breaker."

LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP