Switching Parts

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ladies, for the love of all that is holy, I implore you NOT to switch the side to which you have parted your hair for the past several years. I spent the better part of the past 24 hours messing with my hair in window reflections, my cellphone screen and whatever other shiny surface was nearby when my bangs got in my eyes and I accidentally pushed them to the correct wrong side, thus totally screwing up the whole look. You may think, as I did, Oh! Switching my part would be cute and different! It's not. It's a royal pain in the ass.

Egypt! Wow there is so much happening there. Good thing Mubarak is out. He should have left with the first speech. I hope the people get the government they desire. They seem to trust the military, so hopefully that will pan out. Why does the US have to be so involved in these things? Yeesh. Who are we- the world's puppeteer? It's great that we and other countries give our opinions and recommendations to leaders in trouble, but it usually comes off as the United States "strongly suggesting" that a country do XYZ. If they don't, it's a battle of words between Them and Us. If they do, our politicians take credit. It's too bad international agencies can't formulate these ideas and recommend them.

Oh em gee, Jason quit Facebook. He's the first person I know who has actually done it. Many have threatened to do it, but they always decide to stay. I'll have to get the scoop on the girlfriend drama that precipitated it. ("In a relationship" then not, then defriended the girl, then refriended, then GONE after a couple of semi-obscure statuses about how Facebook causes more problems than it's worth.)

Saturday 9: I Saw It on TV

1. What new TV show rocks your world this year?
I wouldn't say it "rocks my world," but Off the Map is pretty good.

2. What is your least favorite ethnic food, and what makes it your least favorite?
Indian food. I just don't like the spices and flavors. At all. *shudder*

3. When does liking someone a lot become loving that person?
After time and shared moments and memories, and after having shared an emotional part of yourself that you don't share with everyone.

4. Is there a job you would do for free, and is it your current job?
I would do a lot of jobs for free, if I had money socked away to live on. But not my current job. With a lack of things to do, I don't feel like I'm serving the needs of anyone.

5. What is one person/thing that inspired you to take action of some sort?
Most recently, Tracy has inspired me to finally learn to play disc golf! She's getting a group together to start playing in the spring. There are courses everywhere, including one in our neighborhood.

6. Though you might not believe in it, would you like fate to exist?
No, because then I would feel like it wasn't important what I did with each day, because no matter what I want or how I direct my life, I will have the same outcome. Society would become very complacent if we all knew fate was at work.

7. Tell us about a news story that truly shocked you.
The other day when Mubarak didn't actually resign, after everyone thought he would.

8. What's something you're looking forward to?
Next weekend- Aggieland Saturday in College Station!

9. What characteristics do you despise?
arrogance and insincerity

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP