Saturday Nine on Monday

Monday, February 7, 2011

Saturday 9: Margaritaville

1. Tell us about a time that you had way too much Jose Cuervo.
The Jeffs and I were at the Hyatt Regency on Town Lake several years ago. The Hyatt had several sizes of margaritas back then, with useless names that indicated only the relative volumes of the glasses, and I accidentally ordered the one that came in something like a fish bowl. When it arrived, I asked if the guys would share it with me, but they said I ordered it, so I had to drink it. I didn't actually plan to drink it all, but I did. It was one of those things where I felt just fine, until I stood up from my chair. Then the room started swaying. I didn't get sick or anything, but I absolutely hate the feeling of being that "out of it." We went straight home after that... I think...

2. Do you agree with the following statement: "The older you get, the faster time goes by."?
Nah. It seems to go by at the same rate it always has.

3. What do you usually do during your "down time?"
surf the web, play video games or do logic puzzles

4. When it comes to the opposite sex, do you feel you have a grasp on 'em - or do they continue to just surprise you?
I think I have an excellent understanding of the opposite sex. I've had several close male friends through the years. Also, five years of engineering school.

5. What is your home town famous for?
NASA

6. How many romantic relationships have you had?
Serious boyfriends? Three. JohnH (1.5 years), Evans (2 years) and Jeff (23 years in total, not counting the year lapse in 1988). JohnN was a significant romantic relationship for about 3 months in college, but I hesitate to include him in the "boyfriend" list.

7. What's the best concert that you've ever been to?
Duran Duran, Sing Blue Silver Tour, final night at Wembley Arena in London, Dec. 23, 1983

8. Which famous person would you like to meet? Why?
Anderson Cooper. The guy has got to be one of the most interesting people in the world. He's been everywhere, in every sort of situation. He's got a big heart and a great sense of humor. Considering his privileged background, he is remarkably down-to-earth. He's experienced a lot of life's extreme ups and downs, and I would just love to hear his stories and get his personal take on important issues. Our politics differ on some things, so it would be fun to debate a bit. And I would have to tell him I grew up hanging out on the beautiful, sandy shores of the Mexico Ocean. Heh.


9. Has a newspaper or television reporter ever interviewed you? If so, what were the circumstances and what did you think when you read or saw what you said?
As a school newspaper reporter, I interviewed a whole lot of people, but I've never been interviewed myself. I think Anderson should interview me about my expert understanding of the opposite sex.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP