Painting

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Well, we painted Lauren's room. I got to a point where I knew I was going to have to get another can of paint. Our walls are more textured than we think and we always have to get more paint than they suggest. Since I get a lot more coverage with the brush than the roller, I started brushing the last half a wall with literally about 1 cup of paint. That includes what was lingering in the cut-in cup, the roller pan, the paint can and lid!

I finished that wall, people. I may have pumped my fists in the air at the end, when there was not a single drop of paint left over. My hand was cramping from stippling the brush to get into the texture with a tiny amount of paint at a time. So glad to finish that project without the dreaded second trip to Home Depot.

She has modern, espresso-finish furniture with a purple and green color scheme. It's looking really good so far! Next up... hanging shelves and the vanity mirror (get your mirrors at IKEA- her fairly large one was $10) and shopping for wall art.

Curious as a Cat

1) Pick an event from your childhood that you wish would have gone differently. Explain what happened, and what you would change if you could?
A girlfriend who was maybe 12 when I was 9 convinced me it would be fun to take the mail out of people's mailboxes and go back to her house and read it all. So we did. Or actually, she did, and I was a very nervous but willing participant. There were maybe two interesting letters among all the bills and ads. When she threw it all in the trash, I asked if we should have put it back in the mailboxes. She said then we'd get in trouble.

That night, I was so upset that I told my mom what happened. She called the other girl's parents and made us get all the stuff out of the trash and bring it back to the neighbors and apologize to them.

(Did you know stealing mail is a felony? Just saying.)

What would I change? I wish I had had the courage at the time to say no. I said no a lot to her after that- not as much from newfound boldness as from fear of being arrested.

2) Who was the last person who maligned your character?
I don't know of anyone who has maligned my character since one really bad breakup in high school.

3) What's the nicest place you've stayed? What was the occasion? Did you do anything fancy?
The Phoenician in Scottsdale, on a business trip. I was speaking at an investigators' meeting for an upcoming drug study. There wasn't a lot of free time, so I didn't do any spa-type activities. I did spend some time lounging by the pool and there were a couple of fancy dinners. I remember calling Jeff as soon as I was in my room, just to describe the place. I wanted him to fly out and join me there (free room!), but he couldn't take off work. :(

4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.

Reminds me of the butterfly farm on St. Maarten. It was the typical beautiful island day when we went. There are bajillions of butterflies flying around us in the enclosure- all sorts of beautiful ones!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP