They Say the Neon Lights are Bright...

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Just figured out that Matthew Morrison was the guy who played Link in Hairspray when we saw it on Broadway (the original cast). How cool is that?! Until yesterday, all I remembered about the actor was that he had just come off of being the lead singer of a boyband called LMNT. I dug out my Playbill and I also see that Laura Bell Bundy was Amber. Wow!

Rent is coming back to off-Broadway, with an updated look. See it if you get a chance. It's some of THE best music in all musicaldom.

Jeff convinced me last night to watch some episodes of Archer, an adult cartoon on FX. It also streams on Netflix, and surely some other services. It is very funny! And very risqué, so don't watch it with the kiddos. The show revolves around a US intelligence group and an arrogant, womanizing master spy named Sterling Archer.

A couple of great exchanges...

(a gay Cuban spy named Ramon is in one episode)
Archer: How do you say "The Hulk" in Spanish?
Ramon: El Hulk.
Archer: Gay.
Ramon: What? We don't have a word for "Hulk".
Archer: Do you have a word for "gay"?
Ramon: "Gay".
Archer: Gayer. Jesus, "Spanish", our jobs aren't enough, now you gotta take our words?!

and

(everyone is at a dinner where a couple of German spies are posing as caterers)
Uta is peeking out the kitchen door...
Lana (sees Uta): Hey, does that cook seem weird?
Cyr: Normal-weird or German-weird?

Bwhaha! Hey now.

Well, I filled out the signup page for Google+, just to explore, not to actually post anything. But just before I pushed the button to finalize it all, it informed me that my full name will be displayed on all my Google endeavors, which include not only my website blog, but this blog as well. And probably YouTube, etc. Lovely! So... until I can figure out a way around that (probably a new email address... yeesh...), I am not on Google+. Ironic that the biggest benefit to moving to Google+ is supposedly the privacy, and then there's this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP