Company

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Yesterday at the Drafthouse, KathyL and I saw the limited release, taped performance of the musical Company performed by an all-star cast and the New York Philharmonic Orchestra. It was so awesome! Neil Patrick Harris- amazing of course. The guy is super-talented in every arena there is. I just love Martha Plimpton in whatever she does as well. I think this is Stephen Colbert's first musical performance. He was great. Katie Finneran... SO funny as the runaway bride. How anyone sings all those words so fast, I'll never know. And Patti LuPone has THE most beautiful and pure voice. See it if you have a chance.

Sunday Stealing: The Twenty-Fiver Meme

1. Tell us about something that made you laugh last night.
Watched more Archer episodes with Jeff. From one...

Archer: Relax. What do we have, like four hours before we get to London?
Lana: Four hours?
Mall: Sterling, are you joking?
The Captain: The crossing takes twenty-four hours.
Archer: Are you joking?! What?!
The Captain: Rigid airships combine the pampering of a cruise ship with the speed of..
Archer: ...some other, slightly faster ship? (pretends to talk on phone) Uh, hello? Airplanes?
Yeah, it's Blimps. You win! Bye!

2. What were you doing at 8 PM last night?
Having dinner at Maria Maria.

3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
sleeping

4. What happened to you in 2006? (Feel free to republish an old post from '06.)
LJ post- 7/25/06

"In all my years living in Texas, I'd never been to South Padre Island. (In college, I went to New Orleans for Spring Break.) I have friends and a spouse who will tell you we all went there a few years back and stayed in a condo, but I swear it was Corpus Christi, and I didn't find Padre familiar at all. (What were THEY smoking?)

"Let me give you my Padre review in a nutshell: Beautiful beaches. Restaurants are all crapola. We had a wonderful time- just bad food options.

"One last thing- Why on earth is the lighthouse on the mainland in Port Isabel??? Wouldn't your ship smack into Padre Island before ever reaching the coast? Just wondering."

5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
"Aww. That's too bad." when Jeff told me Lauren has a bad sunburn from being at the pool yesterday.

6. How many beverages did you have today?
Yesterday I had three glasses of water, a glass of water with a splash of tea, and a margarita.

7. What color is your hairbrush?
blue

8. What was the last thing you paid for?
Company tickets

9. Where were you last night?
Maria Maria downtown

10. What color is your front door?
dark wood

11. Where do you keep your change?
in a freezer bag in my closet

12. What’s the weather like today?
hot and dry

13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?
chocolate with peanut butter cups

14. What excites you?
good music

15. Do you want to cut your hair?
nope

16. Are you over the age of 35?
yes

17. Do you talk a lot?
yep

18. Do you watch Franklin and Bash?
I have no idea what that is.

19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
Several people

20. Do you make up your own words?
Why yes I do! I know. Sometimes it's cute and sometimes it's annoying.

21. Are you a jealous person?
I can be, but not typically. I like to think I'm jealous when it's appropriate.

22. What does the last text message you received say?
"Found them." (Jeff was looking for beach towels while I was having a marg by the pool at KathyL's house.)

23. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
Galveston

24. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
Alicia

25. Are you crushing on anyone that you shouldn't be?
Nope

2 comments:

Anonymous,  July 25, 2011 at 10:11 PM  

It was Padre. We were at JM's parents condo.

Kathy July 26, 2011 at 7:34 AM  

LOL. That's exactly what you said on the LJ post in 2006.

I concur.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP