Home Again

Saturday, July 30, 2011

We are home from Galveston! It was super-awesome, other than I was completely without internet.

Lauren was invited to a movie premiere here last night, and didn't want to go. I was surprised. She and Jeff explained that it wasn't a major motion picture, but a student film premiering out of town. I said, "Oh. I was thinking that Shia LaBeouf was here for his latest film premiere, but Lauren didn't think she wanted to waste her time."

Jeff said, "Wow. 'Film premiere' to 'Shia LeBeouf.'  That's quite a leap."

Please. That's not a leap at all. Jeff reads this blog... I can go from murder trials to musical theater in one flick of the wrist.

Had my first Facebook dream last night. Seriously. I dreamed that Scotty had gotten me a backstage pass to the Super Bowl in Dallas. I was the only fan in a lounge with Coldplay and Valerie Bertinelli and KISS (when that turns out to be the actual entertainment lineup, you guys will be wowed and amazed that I nailed it). I pulled out my phone to update my status to "Backstage at the Super Bowl." Yeah, instead of getting my picture taken with all these people and posting that on FB, I just updated my status. When I'm unconscious, I really don't think clearly.

Saturday 9: I'm Not in Love

1. Have you ever been in love but tried to deny it?
I denied it to two guys I was in love with who weren't in love with me. I wasn't trying to "disavow" it or convince myself I wasn't in love with them; I was just covering it up around them. My friends knew about those crushes.

2. Someone throws a party in your honor. The only guests are your past lovers. You're current spouse or significant other is cool with this. They ask you to speak and say something good about those assembled. Would there be someone there you could not say something good about?
No, I can say something wonderful about each of them.

3. How long can you go without your cell phone? Do you own a so-called “smart phone”?
I can go a couple of days if I have to. On cruises, it's near impossible to check your phone unless you're in port, and we've done that quite a bit. Yes, I finally have an iPhone. :D

4. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
Not everyone. It depends on what the person did.

5. Would you rather spend a whole day with your mom or your dad? (If either or both have passed, answer as if they're alive.)
I honestly would not have a preference there. I lean towards Mom, because I miss her, but if they were both alive, I would love to spend a day with either.

6. Tell us one thing about your first boyfriend or girlfriend.
When I met him on the school bus, spring of my freshman year of high school, he was a very preppy tennis player who'd just moved to Houston from South Carolina. Within a couple of months (right about the time we started dating), he was coloring/shaving half his hair and wearing ripped shirts and spiky bracelets and listening to alternative music.

7. Has an ex ever written something about you on facebook or their blog that was nasty about you?
nope

8. What was the last thing you borrowed and never returned?
Karla sent me a book back in the fansite days (2003?) and I never returned it. I owe her a B&N card or something.

9. Who is someone famous that you've met?
I've met several famous people, mostly musicians. Spent the most time with Mike Score, so famous that I have to remind you that he was the lead singer of Flock of Seagulls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP