Shredded fajita meat?!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Just read a recipe that wants me to shred my fajita steak before serving. Yikes! What self-respecting Tex-Mex cook does that? Plus... my fajita meat is barely chewable, much less fork-shredable.

Spent Friday evening with Kimberly. She and her oldest son came down from Wyoming for his audition for music school at UT. We had way more to talk about than our short time allowed. The waitress at Iron Cactus had to kick us out. We were restaurant employees way back, so we didn't care. We've spent our share of nights waiting for people to get the heck out. We even let her run the Bissell around our feet. That's pretty bad.

We've known each other since 8th grade. I actually remembered all of the stories she brought up. Usually people remember different things. Mostly we talked about parenting though.

We also hung out at her sister's house for a while. Her sister is newly married, and I give the new hubby a gold star. It's too bad they live all the way up around the Arboretum. She has a 7-minute commute to Dell, so I don't think they're moving anytime soon. I asked if she knows an old friend of mine who works at Dell. Her reaction told me that question is much like, "Do you know so-and-so? She went to A&M, too!" Ahaha.

Too fun. I wish we'd had more time to chat! We'll have to get back up Kimberly's way sometime. DD hasn't seen Yellowstone yet. That is a perfect June trip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP