Roadrunner Tiered Plan Coming to Austin

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I was briefly moved to consider joining Twitter this morning when I found out Chris Daughtry is now on there. I just cannot add another mode of communication to my arsenal at this point. But cool nonetheless...

Anyway... starting with the September-ish bills, Austin is one of 4 cities where Time Warner is testing "tiered cap billing" for internet. Plans will likely range from 1GB to 100GB per month, with $1 per GB overage fee. Blech! Even those with Price Lock may be subject to overage fees. Thinking DSL? AT&T is testing it as well, in Beaumont.

The thing that gets me the most is all the covering up that seems to be going on with the process at TW. Several journalists have contacted the company and are getting various replies from different people there. Are employees uninformed? Lying? What is the deal.

I run 3 websites. I'm an avid internet user as well. I don't have a clue how much bandwidth I use per month, but it is on the high side. I also have a teenager and a computer guy in my house. Between the 3 of us, we're toast. Can't wait to find out what plan I need to be on and how much it will cost. And you can bet I will be running adblockers to prevent ads from using MY bandwidth.

Read a great article about it at Network Performance Daily, including an interview with Alex Dudley, VP of Public Relations at Time Warner Cable:
Time Warner Brings Tiered Caps to Austin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP