LOL... and X Factor

Friday, November 18, 2011

Lauren and I were out yesterday in her car. I told her she should exit at 2222 and turn left, then left again at Balcones Drive. I mentioned that Chez Zee is on that corner. (It's a restaurant.) As we approached the intersection, with Chez Zee not yet in view...

Lauren (laughing): You mean CHASE?
Me: Huh?
Lauren (pointing to Chase Bank): I'm pretty sure it's pronounced CHASE, not SHAAAY-ZEEEE.

Bwahahaha!!!

Then we saw Chez Zee. Priceless.

Well... I didn't want to like X Factor USA, but I do! We've been watching it for several weeks now. The format has the contestants performing in a full-out concert environment, with backup singers and dancers and effects, which easily shows their capabilities in comparison with each other, as well as professional acts.

I'm not sure I'm diggin' the judge vs. judge aspect of the show though, because it detracts from the contest between the competitors. Judges have a motive to vote for their own people, rather than supporting anyone they think should win. It's always fun to see them argue, but they can do that without having their own little "teams." There is also a disadvantage to two particular mentors, I think: singing groups and older contestants. They just won't bring in the same numbers of votes as male and female individual singers.

My favorite to win is Josh. He is a great singer, has great personality, and improves his act and confidence every week. We only have had one complaint that his hair is too gelled and shiny and rather a mess, but this week it was gel-free and looked pretty good!



I also like Melanie, who has the best voice by a mile, but lacks personality on stage. If she works that out, she can win it.



Drew is fabulous and unique. Lakoda Rayne are good, except at times when they are "pitchy" (to use a phrase from AI).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP