Adventures on LinkedIn

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Donna and a colleague had lunch with Andrew McCarthy on Monday in New Zealand. In case you were wondering... he's still freakin' adorable. And an award-winning travel writer now, in addition to his acting and directing pursuits!

OK, my dear friend KathyL is a lot like me in some aspects, but very different in most ways... like... the girl is generally fairly serious about life. She is exceedingly laid back and unaffected by things, at least outwardly. She's typically very cool and keeps her head while all about her are losing theirs (as Kipling would say). The only time I've heard her really laugh is when she's had too much wine.

Last weekend, I mentioned her ex-boyfriend from high school and college. Kathy and I were only acquaintances in high school, and she and Mike dated long distance between Texas and Ohio while we were in college, so I've never actually met him. She said she wondered what he was doing now. (Wow!) She kind of giggled and asked, "Do you think he's on LinkedIn?"

I was all over that. "Yes! I bet he is." LinkedIn... far more impersonal than Facebook, but whatever works for her. After witnessing a glimmer of giddiness, I just wanted to see her see him.

She grinned and pulled out her laptop. I was very surprised that she was even a little excited about it, and I was eagerly giving her search tips. She found him after a few attempts. She read all his job info and saw where he lived. She told me all about his career, which he'd begun while they were still together- he's a camera operator, usually for TV news shows. He even had a current PHOTO and she said he "looks the same!" Hee!

Then she said, "Eh," and logged out and closed the laptop.

That's IT?

Oh well. I'm sure I'll convince her to look up someone else in a few years. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP