Band Books Exhibit

Monday, November 14, 2011

ScottK wants to go to the banned books exhibit at the Ransom Center. I thought he said "band books." While I was thinking of a nice way to say I would probably be... I don't know... sick that day, I realized he was saying banned and censored books. Ahh! I'm all over that. Sign me up!!

Something I saw online randomly reminded me of the absolute most creative thing I ever made. I had seen a write on/wipe off board at a store, that I guess you hang on the wall by an office door. It said, "_______ is:" and it had check boxes for things like "in," "at a meeting," "at lunch," etc.  I was cross-stitching at the time, and Kimberly was an RA at her dorm at UT. So I made one for her room. I designed a project in white letters on burnt orange fabric, that said (with check boxes):

Kimberly is:
_ in
_ at class
_ in the TV room
_ at the game...

etc....

I stitched it, then stretched the fabric over cork board and framed it. I added a pushpin for her to stick inside the correct check box (which had been carefully sized to accommodate the pushpin).

BOO-YAH! Creative City.

She loved it and used it. The girls in the dorm thought it was so cool. I was thrilled with how it turned out!

You know, if I did that again, I would just paint on the corkboard.

Meet Me on Monday

1. Does your family/friends know about your blog?
some of them

2. What is your favorite card game?
Skip-Bo

3. What do you wear to bed?
usually a short nightgown

4. What is your favorite kind of French Fry?
sweet potato fries with just seasoned salt

5. What is your usual bed time?
I've been getting into bed about 11- 11:30, and asleep around midnight lately

2 comments:

scott,  November 18, 2011 at 12:52 PM  

i remember you making that for kim!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP