Yahoo Calendar and Contacts Issues

Monday, November 7, 2011

I had to switch from my Yahoo calendar and contacts to Google calendar and contacts.

Yahoo contacts were not syncing correctly with my iPhone. Some of them were randomly missing from the phone, although they remained on Yahoo. There were also 13 contacts Yahoo would not allow me to delete during the long process of my trying to fix the problem. So weird.

For the calendar, the syncing was fine between my phone and Yahoo, but when I viewed my calendar online, which I do a lot during the day, the dates of events were incorrectly displayed, or looked like they were over several days when they were not. Um, that is a serious issue, Yahoo. Makes the calendar rather pointless, don't you think? The dates were correct on my iPhone and when I actually clicked on the event online.

Both issues are obviously on Yahoo's end. Moving to Google for both has been a perfect solution so far. Thank goodness! My frustration level was hitting max. We all know the inevitable final step... Gmail. I swore I would never do it. I don't want another email account to maintain. Guess I will get rid of my Yahoo account then.

My phone may be suffering from the iOS 5 battery problem. It's been draining faster with normal usage. I'm getting maybe six hours of talk time. Although that seems to be average, I was getting more time between charges before. Perhaps I'm using it more lately. Last night I left it on the nightstand with 81% battery. This morning it was completely dead. Not sure what happened there. It does seem like some weird one-time glitch. Hopefully it doesn't happen again, as that is my alarm clock. :)

I have now done every battery-saving thing recommended online. Waiting for the official fix from Apple, to see if it helps.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  November 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM  

Chicken!!!!

Kathy November 10, 2011 at 7:19 AM  

Am not! The Paterno thing completely overshadows the Cain thing, so I will write something (more popular) on that instead...

maybe tomorrow. :D

Anonymous,  November 10, 2011 at 9:12 PM  

No- you are a chicken!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP